By Aldo de Moor (auth.), Frithjof Dau, Marie-Laure Mugnier, Gerd Stumme (eds.)
This booklet constitutes the refereed lawsuits of the thirteenth foreign convention on Conceptual constructions, ICCS 2005, held in Kassel, Germany, in July 2005.
The 23 revised complete papers provided including nine invited papers have been rigorously reviewed and chosen from sixty six submissions. The papers are equipped in topical sections on theoretical foundations, wisdom engineering and instruments, and information acquisition and ontologies.
Read Online or Download Conceptual Structures: Common Semantics for Sharing Knowledge: 13th International Conference on Conceptual Structures, ICCS 2005, Kassel, Germany, July 17-22, 2005. Proceedings PDF
Best semantics books
Utilizing a cognitive linguistics point of view, this paintings presents the main finished, theoretical research of the semantics of English prepositions to be had. All English prepositions are initially coded as spatial kinfolk among actual entities. whereas holding their unique that means, prepositions have additionally constructed a wealthy set of non-spatial meanings.
Within the Dynamics of which means, Gennaro Chierchia tackles critical concerns in dynamic semantics and extends the final framework. bankruptcy 1 introduces the idea of dynamic semantics and discusses intimately the phenomena which have been used to inspire it, similar to "donkey" sentences and adverbs of quantification.
This article bargains a philosophical exam of the elemental conceptual framework of pragmatic idea, and contrasts this framework with exact descriptions of our daily practices of language use. whereas the implications will be hugely suitable to pragmatics, the research isn't really a contribution to pragmatic idea.
A upsetting new method of how we comprehend metaphors completely evaluating and contrasting the claims made via relevance theorists and cognitive linguists. The ensuing hybrid conception exhibits the complementarity of many positions in addition to the necessity and chance of accomplishing a broader and extra life like concept of our knowing.
- English Lexicogenesis
- Lexical Semantics and Knowledge Representation in Multilingual Text Generation
- Tense and Aspect in Informal Welsh
- The Big Typescript, German English Scholars' Edition: TS 213
- The Evolution of Language: Proceedings of the 6th International Conference (EVOLANG6), rome, Italy, 12-15 April 2006
- Subjectification: Various Paths to Subjectivity
Additional info for Conceptual Structures: Common Semantics for Sharing Knowledge: 13th International Conference on Conceptual Structures, ICCS 2005, Kassel, Germany, July 17-22, 2005. Proceedings
6. Method of construction of the SAMOVAR ontology  Build an ontology with several components: Problem, Part, Project, Service. The Part sub-ontology was built automatically from a part nomenclature, available in the company. The Problem sub-ontology, manually initialised from the analysis of the discussions with the experts and of the Nomino-obtained candidate terms, was then enriched semi-automatically using the previous heuristic rules (cf. figure 6). Annotate semi-automatically descriptions of problems with this ontology.
Architecture of the Virtual Staff  The arcs between the nodes of a QOC graph can be interpreted by « Question hassolution Option » or by « Option has-positive-criterion Criterion » or by « Option has-negative-criterion Criterion ». 3 Conclusions The Virtual Staff illustrates an application where CORESE helps to retrieve the relevant subclasses for editing the SOAP and QOC graphs and enables to retrieve information on past virtual staff sessions stored in RDF(S). 9 KMP (Knowledge Management Platform) Project The KmP project5 is an RNRT project for skills cartography of Sophia Antipolis firms in telecommunications.
127-139. 10. -L. Conceptual graphs: fundamental notions. RIA, 6(4): 365-406. 1992. 11. , Hébert, C. A Conceptual Graph Model for W3C Resource Description Framework, In Proc. of ICCS’2000, Darmstadt, 2000, LNAI 1867, p. 468-482. 12. , Faron-Zucker, C. Querying the Semantic Web with the CORESE Search Engine. ECAI’2004, Valencia, August 2004, IOS Press, p. 705-709. 13. , CORESE: A Corporate Semantic Web Engine. , Hawaii, USA, May 2002. html 14. , Schreiber, G. (eds). OWL Web Ontology Language Reference.