By Michael C. Gao, Jien-Wei Yeh, Peter K. Liaw, Yong Zhang
This booklet offers a scientific and complete description of high-entropy alloys (HEAs). The authors summarize key homes of HEAs from the point of view of either primary knowing and functions, that are supported by way of in-depth analyses. The ebook additionally includes computational modeling in tackling HEAs, which support elucidate the formation mechanisms and homes of HEAs from a variety of size and time scales.
Read or Download High-Entropy Alloys: Fundamentals and Applications PDF
Similar nanostructures books
This publication reports the state-of-the-art major learn within the box of shrewdpermanent light-responsive fabrics in keeping with azobenzene polymers and liquid crystals. Emphasis is put on the invention of latest phenomena from the previous five years, their underlying mechanisms, new functionalities, and houses accomplished via rational layout.
One of many most sensible promoting Physics Books in response to YBP Library providers Order are available in the entire constructions unfolding round us at diverse scales, together with within the preparations of subject and in power move styles. Aperiodic buildings in Condensed topic: basics and purposes makes a speciality of a unique type of order often called aperiodic order.
Offering an eclectic photo of the present state-of-the-art and destiny implications of the sector, Nanomaterials, Polymers, and units: fabrics Functionalization and gadget Fabrication provides themes grouped into 3 express focuses: The synthesis, mechanism and functionalization of nanomaterials, corresponding to carbon nanotubes, graphene, silica, and quantum dots numerous sensible units which homes and buildings are adapted with emphasis on nanofabrication.
- Topological Modelling of Nanostructures and Extended Systems
- Coupled Multiscale Simulation and Optimization in Nanoelectronics
- Single-Molecule Electronics: An Introduction to Synthesis, Measurement and Theory
- Micro and nanofabrication using self-assembled biological nanostructures
- Physical Models of Semiconductor Quantum Devices
- Corrosion Science and Technology
Extra resources for High-Entropy Alloys: Fundamentals and Applications
Naturally, this equivalency of alloying elements in stabilizing a particular crystal structure reminds the well-known effect of electron concentration on the crystal structure in conventional alloys . Before the effect of electron concentration on the crystal structure of solid solutions forming HEAs is discussed, two different notions of electron concentrations, valence electron concentration (VEC) and electrons per atom ratio (e/a), will be introduced first, as there exist subtle differences in their definitions and resulting applications.
Tian et al. studied the structural stability in CoCrFeNiAlx HEAs and they found that at 300 K the fcc phase in these alloys is stable at VEC ! 04 . These threshold VEC values are not too far away from those proposed by Guo et al. . Firstly, as discussed before, the threshold VEC values proposed by Guo et al. are mainly for reference only and variations among different alloy systems are expected. ’s calculation, the relative stability of fcc and bcc phases was compared at 300 K. This would also cause some concerns, as these solid solution phases are not equilibrium phases at room temperature .
2. It is apparent that all HEAs have a higher level of ΔSmix than that of BMGs (marked by ▼). 5 J/ (mol · K) and with smaller values of δ. 43 δ [%] Refs. 1 Phase constitution; valence electron concentration, VEC; enthalpy of mixing, ΔHmix; entropy of mixing, ΔSmix; average melting point, Tm; Ω (Ω ¼ TmΔSmix/|ΔHmix|); and atomic size difference, δ, for representative HEAs and BMGs. 77 Refs.                          26 Y.